U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Humidity Question

Re: Gum Humidity Question

On Sep 27, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

Chris, I'm curious why you refer to this as "spontaneous hardening" rather than "dark reaction." Dark reaction has an even steeper relationship to humidity than speed of the light reaction does; for gum the relationship is close to vertical, for this reason I never let coated paper sit around in my humid environment.
kt

Only because I am STILL trying to come up with a witty comeback to Mark Nelson's saying he experienced this sometimes.....
Chris

I'd just ignore it if I were you,
kt