U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: brush vs tray size for gum

Re: brush vs tray size for gum

Sounds like an interesting contraption.  I'd be interested in seeing it.

Camden Hardy


On Wed, October 4, 2006 1:35 pm, Rodolpho Pajuaba wrote:
> When I first read about this puddle pusher I tried to see what exactly
> it was, but I couldnīt find any good picture. Then, after reading a lot
> of e-mails from you folks I thought  it was a glass bar that could roll
> in an axis, that could carry the puddle without grinding against the
> paper. Well, actually itīs not :-( . Then I created a device that
> resembles a painting roll, but instead of foam is made of glass. I took
> a glass pipe, the kind used in laboratories (I donīt know the name in
> english, itīs tubo de ensaio in portuguese), cut off the end, making it
> a tube, and managed to center an iron round bar in it. With it I can
> roll the glass smoothly, like if I was pulling and pushing it around,
> but with more control than if it was loose. If there is interest I can
> photograph it and show.
> Regards,
> Rodolpho Pajuaba
> Sandy King escreveu:
>> Jack,
>> That is correct. I am rolling the rod, not pushing it.
>> Sandy
>> At 3:03 PM -0400 10/3/06, Jack Brubaker wrote:
>>> Sandy,
>>> So you are rolling the rod not pushing it along. As I recall the
>>> illustrations I've seen for "puddle pushers" had handles so would not
>>> roll.
>>> I would have thought that the rolling motion would pull up the gelatin
>>> behind the rod. But apparently not. Thanks for the info.
>>> Jack