To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: OT question and Hello

Thanks for your suggestions, Dan, and for the great site you suggested.
I really mean in camera effects because photoshop and computers are a closed book to me.
The nearest example I can think of is a recent article on the work of James Fee in the latest edition B&W magazine and the title was 'Retreating man' in case anyone has seen that.( I can't find it on a website. ) I don't know how this particular image was achieved though, as Fee evidently did a lot of work on his prints in the darkroom.
I have seen similar effects to the one I am looking for when photographs are taken through heat haze or like the headless swimmer by Kertesz, but also in 'normal' conditions. If I can track down some more examples I shall come back to the list - meantime, many thanks.
Best wishes,
Saffron.
----- Original Message ----- From: Dan Burkholder