U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Potentially stupid pt/pd question

RE: Potentially stupid pt/pd question

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Potentially stupid pt/pd question
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:38:56 -0500

Camden, The practice of using a water wash in between developer and first
clearing bath got a little muddy during the mid to late 90's as far as I can
tell. I think that for some it can really be an issue based on the contents
and pH of your water.

If you stay on the acid side that is a safer way to go. If you do use a
water wash, I found it BEST to use distilled water. Your first clearing bath
after an acid wash can also be more acid by using Di sodium EDTA instead of
the Tetra sodium; pH of 7ish as opposed to 10ish for tetra. Then use the
tetra sodium for your third bath.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226