U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Date on a print (a sample layout)

Re: Date on a print (a sample layout)

If anyone's interested, I've put the info I include on the back of my
inkjet prints at the following URL:

http://www.danburkholder.com/print_info

Clicking on the zip file there will download it to you computer.

This is a layered Photoshop file that has text areas for the various
things you might want to include. When you open this image on your
computer you might get a "missing fonts" message. If you do, just change
the font to something like Times Roman and it should work just fine. If
you've never worked with layered files in Photoshop you'll have to do
some homework but it's a pretty basic task for those with modest
experience. Note that I've genericized this layout with "XX" (or
nonsense) where you'll type in your own appropriate information.

To print this, I simply run the print through the printer a second time
so it prints at the bottom of the paper on the back of the print. By
positioning it well below the image area, your bases are covered should
anyone fear that years from now the inks might migrate through the paper
to the other side. For inkjet prints on heavy 360 gsm paper, it's fairly
unlikely that'll happen. On a thinner paper intended for pt/pd or
similar, it's another matter.

I also have a stamp for the back of the mat board but since I'm now
sending out more loose prints (thank god) it seemed like a good idea to
have this info included with the actual print itself. So far everyone
seems to appreciate having this information "attached" to the print.

Hope this helps someone,

Dan
--
www.DanBurkholder.com