Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:50:11 +0100
From: Witho Worms <info@witho.nl>
Subject: RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca

Sandy,

I have no hard (or scientific evidence) but I have seen that fragment of
proofs of my prints or misprints, which I kept over years, start to show
defects and damage. So I related these problems to bad clearing. EDTA is a
chelating agent. I have read that it more or less encapsulates metal
molecules and makes them better soluble in water. Even people are treated
with it intravenously to wash out metals from their body. (EDTA might
probably the only chemical in alt-photography which benefits to our health).

So, my reasoning is simple. Over time encapsulated metal particles may come
loose from the paper fibres. I do recall that Tyranno King mentioned
something about EDTA to some months ago.

Regards,

Witho

  _____