U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Ware/Malde-Ziatype-DOP palladium,was RE: "New" Paper for Pt/Pd (an

RE: Ware/Malde-Ziatype-DOP palladium,was RE: "New" Paper for Pt/Pd (and other iron processes, too)

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Ware/Malde-Ziatype-DOP palladium,was RE: "New" Paper for Pt/Pd (and other iron processes, too)
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:48:00 -0600
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE;b=nANm6/kt3v8YKxJ/hhJlT5GSWyAVdlvlCNYQG1vPZeh8sMP8D7SS3VP/jxcnzDqehaJPX8TlArVYKV2TqQf38u+P6jHZZurTiuXQojrgA7nJZxYzzu5/ciCoRg1RA3mK3h5mZIxHh+lt3KiXN2wzb5Cj8WWfXX3+K0nifx/SzfA= ;

Clay, Yes, that is the way I'd put it as well. Although I think that there
may also be quite a difference in clearing methods as well. Does it matter?
Not really.

However, I don't call prints made with lithium salt a ziatype, nor do I call
prints made with ammonium salts of any kind, a Ware/Malde print. They are
all platinum/palladium prints known as Noble prints. I think back in 86 when
Mike and Pradip did their work and Mike presented the paper, he was spelling
out things like a scientist, imagine that! What practitioners did with the
information was up to them. When Sullivan and Weese worked out the Zia, it
was presented more like a new process when in fact it was already like other
prints that were being made. Granted the additions made differences in the
look, but the process was nothing all that new.

AS more printers used AFO, more people faced the problems with vacuum frames
and the moisture issues. Camden, all the variations that I have seen work
well as 50 to 60% RH.

Now let's go print... have fun

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9