U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Newbie in lith print

Re: Newbie in lith print

Hi P.,
I also started with Ilford paper (it was FB istead of RC, both "normal" and warm tone) in 2000 but I definitely found MACO paper the easier way to do it. I am planning to come back to lith printing in a near future, and I think I will search for Rollei (ex-MACO) papers first.
As for the developer, formaldehyde is needed to form the sulphite-formaldehyde complex, so that you have only a little amount of free sulphite ion in solution, while mantaining a big reservoir of it in the same. Yes, aldehydes may be substituted by ketones, but I never tried. Now I am on holidays now but if you can wait a few days I will see my notes and give you details on my working procedure (nothing new, however!).
Alberto