U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: plexglass face mounting

RE: plexglass face mounting

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: plexglass face mounting
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:42:36 +0200

Hi Katharine,

Polyurethane based glossy (or semi-glossy) wood finish can be used to
seal the print surface also. Products designed for outdoor furniture are
non-yellowing and UV protective. Still there's a problem with the "rough
terrain" of multilayer gum prints - if not enough viscous, the finish
would migrate to lower parts of the image...

I like the glass / double glass idea (maybe plexi would be better -
because glass is quite heavy compared to plexi). Noted for future works,
thanks.