U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: clearing dichromate stain

Re: clearing dichromate stain

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Katharine Thayer wrote:

<... I agree that the bisulfite and
metabisulfite is best, but since he could get sulfite right away, and couldn't get the more efficient stuff right away, I thought he'd like to know that I had found that sulfite would work if you leave it a while.
Katharine
Actually plain water will also work if you leave it a while (and I prefer it because the metabisulfites make me choke). But I do remember in the early days of the list, maybe it was Mike Ware (and/or others) saying sodium sulfite (as in gs clearing bath) would work, & although I'm losing memory even as I write, I remember using it & it worked (tho see my first sentence above).

J.