U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Karen mail

Re: Karen mail

> It'a odd that while you chose to play the white man to the cause of all
> the
> trouble...

I may be completely misunderstanding this statement, but where on earth
does racism come into play here?

> you appear to show little sympathy towards those who are the
> victims of this bit of crass stupidity.

Don't forget that I too was a "victim" here, and I understand that
everyone on the list got slammed as hard as I did.  Spamming Karen's email
account is just so (dare I say it) immature.  I'd expect more from a group
of adults.

> If  an individual chooses to use an email service that includes the
> ability
> to generate automatic out of office replies, I would expect that person to
> have the intellegence to learn how to use it properly.

My years in computer tech support have actually taught me to expect the
opposite.  Most people, especially in office situations, only know just
enough to do their job.  Of the few that are aware of auto-response
technologies, less than half of them know how to use them properly.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net