U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Eric's Spray Booth Expertise

Eric's Spray Booth Expertise

Eric Neilsen came over to my place last week and we built a terrific
spray booth. When I say "we," I mean that Eric did the design and most
of the construction as I held an occasional piece of wood to help. We
all try to do our part, right?

Today I sprayed a load of prints and the booth worked perfectly. There's
no fan installed yet; that will wait until our move to upstate NY next
month. Working outside, the prints were well supported and took the
spray varnish better than ever. When time permits, I'll make a video
showing how I've rigged a print support that prevents dripping from
overspray areas.

Eric's been a good friend while Jill and I have been in the Dallas area
and he's going to be missed when we move. Hope he can visit us in the
Hudson River Valley. (Hey Eric, bring your tools!)

You can see a photo of Eric and me (Eric's the bearded, Viking-ish guy
on the right and I'm the vested, middle aged dork on the left) at the
following:

www.danburkholder.com/alt-photo/dan-and-eric.jpg

Thanks, Eric!

Dan