U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Eastman House gum prints

Re: Eastman House gum prints

Chris wrote:

> Etienne,
> What were you researching at GEH personally?

Primarily sensitometry, color actinometry, silver-gelatin,
silver-collodion, and silver-albumen "emulsions," carbon-transfer, and the
various dye-imbibation processes used for printing negatives from
"one-shot" color cameras.  I also spent some time researching the Hill
"color Daguerrotype" process (later revealed to have been a fraud, produced
by hand coloring).

Actually, most of my time at GEH was spent just admiring the works of dead
photographers.

Best regards,

etienne