From: "Jon Lybrook" <jon@terabear.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:34 AM
Subject: Re: Newbie introduction

Susan Voss wrote:

Hi Jon, thanks for the response.  Ever since I've decided to try this
process, I've thought about which type light source would be best.
Seems to me that a point light source would give sharper definition to
each edge of those little "aquatint" dots.  I'd bet though, that a
"hotter", meaning quicker exposure would give the cleanest edge....
whichever type of light source used.  I can't back that up with facts,
but I'll not let get in the way of my intuition :o)

Hi Susan,

I think your intuition will prove correct in practice.  Size of the dots
will be minimal with proper exposure times for both the "aquatint"
screen and the image.  The two different exposures seem to affect and
impact one another.

I'd suggest starting small and go larger as you get your exposure times
figured out.  Even contact becomes a bigger problem as you go larger.

I look forward to seeing your results!

Best wishes,
Jon