U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Good Grief! (Re: "Tricolor gum printers" deconstructed)

Good Grief! (Re: "Tricolor gum printers" deconstructed)

Judy, and unfortunately, everyone,
This is a personal attack that has no basis in fact or even in rationality. To respond to more of it than absolutely necessary would cause needless unhappiness to the group, but the personal accusation that I omitted Chris from my list of tricolor gum printers because of some personal dislike, must be responded to because it's not only false, but inexplicable given the nature of my request.

Chris, like Sam and many others on the list, does tricolor prints consisting of two layers of gum and one layer of cyanotype, which, as I explained in my request for names, is a fine method in its own right, but isn't what I'm talking about, and isn't what my tricolor web page is about. My website is a discussion of how I print gum; since I do tricolor gum in the traditiional sense of three layers (or more) of gum, my web page on tricolor gum is about doing tricolor gum that way. The page is not an overview of tricolor printing methods, just some observations about how to print tricolor gum with all gum. And I thought it would be useful to include mentions of or links to the work of other folks who do tricolor in this particular way, which is why I asked the question. I don't have anything against Chris's prints, but they aren't examples of the tricolor gum method that my page is about, and that's why she wasn't included in the list of people I can think of on the list who do tricolor gum this way, nor were Sam Wang and any number of other people who do tricolor work using gum over cyanotype. Their method is described on their sites and elsewhere, but my page is not about their method, only about mine.

Love and kisses? give me a break.
Katharine