U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Tricolor gum printers?

Re: Tricolor gum printers?

Katharine Thayer wrote:
I also noticed your colored gums; I was especially interested in the stone house with the red flowers and the green hedge. Did you add the color selectively? It was very effective, I thought.
That time I was in a hurry and I coloured the flowers and the bush with India ink. However, it was perfectly in line with the exhibition I was holding: true Ilfochrome prints from slides, b/w darkroom elaborations, vandykes, salt prints, cyanotypes, gums and inkjet prints from PC elaborations. So the manual intervention was part of the game.
But I am very proud of my fake color gums (see the portfolio "Venetian gums": they were obtained with multiple layers of selected and semi-opaque colors. What you see is not the reproduction of the reality.
Alberto