U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: polymer gravure idea

Re: polymer gravure idea

Regarding gunk buildup... I agree with Jon that using cooking oil
could lead to that.  Those oils oxidize I think, and form that thin
rubbery coating on my cookware, plus it could add to lint and stuff
sticking to the plate.  I use oil to clean my paintbrushes these days,
but every once in a while I give them a good swish in mineral spirits.
I think the plates would benefit from a final rinse in that as well.
Still, starting with corn oil would cut way down on using mineral
spirits in the process.  Good idea, Jon, about running the plate
through the press...  I don't know about Soy solve.  I'll check that
out.

Susan
www.dalyvoss.com