U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Arches Aquarelle and Gum

Re: Arches Aquarelle and Gum

On Feb 19, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Michael Koch-Schulte wrote:

Things went from bad to worse. The first problem was that when the Arches
Aquarelle dried it dried very warped.
In that case the Arches has changed quite a lot since I last knew it, because it used to dry very flat. Bright White, though, does curl and warp as it dries. You are using the tradition white paper?
kt

My intent was to start with a
cyanotype II blue layer first. Bad choice, completely pocked marked with
yellow spots, then I noticed things (like brown-green cobwebs) floating in
the wash water. Yuck!. It all went into the bin. I think it might work for a
one-coat process that didn't require multiple soakings. I switched to
Fabriano Artistico late into the evening and it looked much more promising.
Thx.

~m