U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: solarplate images up on my website

Re: solarplate images up on my website

Susan,

How damp is the paper when you pull a print and how do you prepare it? The images you've posted are similar to how my prints look if the paper isn't prepared a particular way. I'm usually working with Somerset Satin.

I make a damp pack by soaking several sheets of paper in a tray of water, letting the stack drain and then wrapping it in plastic sheeting. Put a weight on the pile and a couple of hours later it's ready to print. I know printers who even do this the day before.

What papers are you all printing with?

Keith.