U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: solarplate images up on my website

Re: solarplate images up on my website

Hi Keith,

I'm printing with Rives BFK.  I have tons of it on hand from years ago
when I printed a lot.

I haven't soaked it as long as you are doing though.... and that could
be part of my problem.  I'm just doing little 5x5 or 5x7 images for
now, and the small pieces of paper I'm only soaking for 15 minutes or
so.  Today I will do the old plastic bag trick with a stack of it.
When I used to print a lot... collographs... full sheet size, I would
soak then stack in plastic as you said.  The collographs have a very
deep emboss though, and the paper needed to be very soft.  Since the
KM plates are so shallow, I figured a short soak would suffice, but
maaaaybe not!

I'll get some somerset and try that, too.

Thanks!
Susan
http://sssusans-studio.blogspot.com/
www.dalyvoss.com