U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: solarplate/KM73

Re: solarplate/KM73

That's exactly what a fellow printmaker told me who had to have braces as a kid. She had a negative association with the smell of the KM73 plates as well. Doesn't bother me...smells kinda sweet to me....like smooth, continuous tone prints.... ;-)

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
I realize what the KM73s are made from--teeth. You know when you get a filling at the dentist with that newfangled polymer stuff that they harden with UV light? It is the exact same smell as that. GROSS.