U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Digital negative cost

Re: Digital negative cost

Epson places a cost of approximately $1.20 per square foot at something like 45% coverage. For my work I simply figure $1.50 per square foot and though it may be more than actual costs I build that into my planning and the budget works out generally in my favor. I have found it is smart of plan with an overestimate than less. For instance, I've been making a portfolio using 24x30 Silver Rag, covering it with 20x24 ink surface so I figure the full cost of ink and paper @$2.25 for ink and $12 for paper. I come out ahead in the long run.
Jack F.