U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Polymergravure plate tone

Polymergravure plate tone

Chris - I agree with Jon. I've always bought my plates from A&V directly, kept them cool and in the dark and found that the KM73s had MUCH more plate tone than the Solarplates (which were stored in the same conditions). This is something I like and one of the (many) reasons I switched to Printight.

Jon - Interesting point about Boxcar having to break open larger quantities and the effect it could possibly have on a plate. I recently had an order arrive from A&V where the colour of the plates was distinctly different from other batches I'd received in the past. Normally I order full box quantities - 20 plates - but in this instance I only needed 6, so who knows how these had been stored.

Susan - On Mar 9, 2007, at 10:04 AM, SusanV wrote: That is SUCH an "intaglio printmaker" thing to say :o).

I'll take that as a compliment! A "proper" printer at last ;-)

Keith.