U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: polymer plate drying time

Re: polymer plate drying time

Jon,

I find this surprising as I'm paranoid about drying my plates after processing. Obviously there's the need to remove surface water as quickly as possible, but then I carefully dry it with a hairdryer for 2-3 mins and then place it in a film drying cabinet for a further 5-10 minutes. Toyobo even recommend 5-15 minutes at 122-140 degrees, depending on the plate thickness.

Keith.