U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: "Dick Stevens' book."

RE: "Dick Stevens' book."

Eric wrote:

When will I read it again? Perhaps after I get done playing with Lightroom
and beating Adobe up for not allowing NON maximized PSD files to be imported
or that there is no way to export a text file of those files that don't get
imported for any number of reasons.  I also have a boat load of images just
waiting to be processed.
Oh boy Eric, if you want to beat up on Adobe, I'm with you. I can't begin to describe the ways they lied and stole and screwed up.... tho that was Pagemaker, and some of it probably wasn't lies, just stupidity. But every assurance they gave me about the (expensive) upgrade making PDFs easier, then about how and what programs would make those PDFs, then about which versions of, eg acrobat, would work with which version of PM -- my head spins. Finally one of their wonder boys assured me that if I installed Pagemaker in system 10 it would work out of classic in 9.2, which screwed up the entire computer so much I can't use the program even with a reinstall... and did you ever see the pages in a PDF turn to blur? I have. (And that's not the half of it.)

Little did I realize that "Analog Woman in Digital Hell" (Post-Factory #1) was the honeymoon. I can't say of course that I forgive you entirely and forget the 500 thou... but I can definitely relate. (And there is the theory that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend.")

cheers,

Judy

I am sorry but you're just going to need to wait on that 1/2 mil. : )

I need no new wheels, as these are rolling along just fine.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9