U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Single coat gums

Re: Single coat gums

On May 19, 2007, at 6:00 PM, john@johnbrewerphotography.com wrote:

Hi Katharine

The instructions are as printed from the magazine, even spelling colour as color ;)
I believe you. I wasn't questioning the accuracy of the information; I was only trying to remember
how closely the instructions as quoted in this article matched the Zimmerman instructions. I didn't see anything here about blotters, for instance.

I'll try and get some scans up on my web space for all to see in a day or so. I don't want to damage the magazine as it's perfect bound though. Most of the images, actually all the portraits look quite dark but I think this is intentional indoor lighting on behalf of the photographer. There is one landscape pic that shows a nice range of tones. I'm not sure the development is totally 'automatic' either, there are halos, but not OTT. It's not a method I've tried but I do like the idea, so time permitting, and I do use the potassium salt, I will give it a whirl.
I'll look forward to that; I trust you'll be more successful than I was.

Katharine