U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Jose Ortiz-Echague and Fresson

Re: Jose Ortiz-Echague and Fresson

That could very well be the case. Ortiz-Echagüe certainly had the means to buy the process.

My understanding is that the Fresson family did not sell him a machine, but provided him with the technical information to prepare and coat the emulsion and to build a machine. I am fairly certain that Ortiz-Echagüe wrote this in the introduction to one of his last books. In any event, the key to the process is not the machine, but the emulsion formula and how it is coated. I could think of several ways to coat carbon tissue, but the performance will ultimately be based more on the tissue formula than on the coating procedure.

Sandy