U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Somewhat OT, Old Ries Tripod

Somewhat OT, Old Ries Tripod

Since there are a lot of LF people here I wonder of anyone has information about OLD Ries tripods? I recently aquired a Ries Deluxe Model B.
The Model B is no longer made, Ries could tell me nothing
except the name is pronounced Reese and that it was probably
made in the 1950s. The leg length and top are similar to the
current Model A but the weight is less.
Does anyone perchance have any old Ries literature which includes this
guy?
I am also looking for a bargain old tilt top for it.
Considering the price these things go for new this may be a
long search.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA