U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Direct carbon

Re: Direct carbon

I wood stay clear of pine as it is very acidic.

I use poplar wood sawdust.   Mix it with water and after a few minutes the sawdust hydrates and you are good to go.   You want enough sawdust in the slurry so that it pours like a thick soup.

Art

On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:30:02 0000, Marek Matusz wrote
> All,
> Could somebody give me some practical advice for the saw dust development for direct carbon development (Fresson like process). This is something that I ment to try for a while and this discussion has motivated me further to do the experiments. Should I make my own saw dust and what kind? I have read some accounts, but practical advice would be appreciated.
> Marek Matusz

PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail.

--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)