U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Fresson documentary

Fresson documentary

This Fresson talk made me remember having seen (in 1987 or so) a french documentary about the Fresson process. In this film you actually can see their horizontal enlarger in use, but not the coating machine and there are interviews with the Fressons and photographers they work with. They also show step by step the printing of a Bernard Faucon print.

Le Procédé Fresson, Jean Real, 1986
I found some info about it in a french documentary database: http:// tinyurl.com/ynkwk2
Even found a clip and a payed download here: http:// www.rolandcollection.com/home.aspx#D451

In that same year 1987 I also saw many large fresson prints (by Bernard Faucon, Michel Séméniako, Bernard Plossu) and they where great prints. Later I saw a very ugly small fresson print showed to me by a Dutch Photographer who had to beg and wait many, many years for his print. I think fressons are better when large, but it might also be the special contact between the Fressons and the priviliged lucky ones they work with, that makes the extra touch.

-kees