U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: negative scanners (OT)

Re: negative scanners (OT)

On 6/27/07, Ryuji Suzuki <rs@silvergrain.org> wrote:

One feature I wish softwares like Vuescan had is to scan the
image at 6400dpi into the buffer, apply very light sharpening,
and then resample the image at 4800 dpi or 3200 dpi before
saving in TIFF. A 3200 dpi equivalent file I make from 6400dpi
scans in Photoshop is superior to 3200 dpi scan, as you can
easily expect. Why not automate this and save disk space a
bit?

I do something similar using the Epson twain driver into photoshop. I have a photoshop action which opens Epson Scan, I do all of the driver settings, click scan, and when it hits photoshop it gets a slight auto sharpen and then downsampling. Though this obviously isn't applicable for vuescan.

-Jeremy Moore-
http://www.jeremydmoore.com/