U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Shooting long range negs?

Re: Shooting long range negs?

on 12/8/07 16:51, Ross Chambers at maelduin@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> I'm off tomorrow to shoot a new bunch of negs (well 4 anyway, I only have 2
> 5x7 film holders at the moment), I'll apply some of the advice from you all.
> I'm using Fomapan 200 rating it at 100 ISO.

Well that WORKED! Developed 15 minutes (i.e. 50% over) in D76 1+1.
Unfortunately I tempted fate (or overestimated my skills) and developed all
4 sheets in the sheet over sheet tray method and -- yep -- scratched 2.

From Wikipedia:

<< Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum,
iudicium difficile.²

This is often rendered in English as
³ Life is short, [the] art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment
treacherous, judgment difficult.

Hippocrates>>

  I used to be able to do this OK with 4x5 -- and bare hands, it's not so
easy with gloves, but I would like to keep my fingers a little longer. Back
tomorrow to try again, and then develop one at a time.

Regards - Ross

> ===========================
> Ross Chambers
> Blue Mountains