U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Galleries & Museums in New York City - Photography

RE: Galleries & Museums in New York City - Photography

> The Met is more forgiving: the
>"suggested price" is (as I recall) $12, tho I'm a member -- which means I
>pay about $85 per visit, because that's the annual membership & I never
>seem to get there more than once, or maybe twice a year. But anyway,
>they will accept your lesser payment, tho you may have to endure a dirty
>look if it's *really* small.

When I was there about a year ago the suggested donation had just gone up to
$20.  I guess since it's owned by the city they can't charge an explicit
admission.  We arrived rather late in the day and knew we wouldn't be able
to see a great deal, handed them a $20 and said "two, please" and got zero
guff from the ticket lady.

Doug