U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Carbon on glass

RE: Carbon on glass

Hi Marek,

Sound realy interesting!

A few questions come to mind. I am realy surprised that you do not see a decrease in sharpness (I guess the thinner the glass the better, provided that you can still handle it without breaking!)

The few attempts I did in carbon printing (single transfer) I could see the diffence between contact printing emulsion to emulsion (giving a mirror image after transfer) versus flipping the sheet film.

Perhaps it's, as you say, the point sorce (sun) versus a bank of UV lights.

But how do you time your sun exposures, there is almost no room for correcting a wrong exposure in carbon?

Sticking gelatine/pigment to glass is easy (no glycerol and sugar needed I suppose)?

At what temp. do you develop after exposure?

How do you display the end result: backlighted I suppose, or can you also place it on white paper?

Thanks,

Cor