U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: inkjet transfer

Re: inkjet transfer

Hi Judy,
With InkAid you can make paper like Fabriano or Magnani a.o. suitable for inkjet printing.
For inkjetransfer you coat a sheet of polyester with Inkaid to make it 'printable'  (or make a digital neg!) and by adding some Golden acrylic flow release you can transfer.
For me the rabbit glue i.s.o. Inkaid works perfect (and it is easier to get and far more cheaper).
cheers,
Henk

You could even made negs on polyester sheets prepared with inkaid ....
cheers,
Henk

Henk, what is Inkaid?

Is the process you describe above in the "Digital Art Studio" book you mention?  It's tempting, but I've already got too many digital books that don't give what they promise, so I hesitate.  (The authors think the info is on the page, but it's only in their heads -- and the "editors" think it's all voodoo, so stick with spellcheck...if that.)

I do however recall that Jill Enfield had a section on inkjet transfer in her alt process book...  Assuming I find it, I'll check... (She was always very clear... perhaps from being an experienced *teacher.*)

J.

www.thijs-foto.com