U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Christina's book was Re: Beware of Amazon.com

Christina's book was Re: Beware of Amazon.com

Hi Christina and all of you alt processes lovers !

Postman brought to me this morning a big package from "PhotoEye". And guess what was in it ? Christina's "Alternatives processes condensed" along with some other beautiful photo books.
but I must say : I ordered this book to PhotoEye on ...May 25; my mistake was probably to order a signed copy by the famous author/ alt proc list fellow. And PhotoEye had to wait for Christina taking time for "being in town" to sign her book.
Now reading your post, Christina, I wonder why i did not order from Malin Fabbri's site ! I love her alternativephoto.com site, where i display some examples of my pictures ; I was included in her 2006 book "Alt Photography Book : art and artists"
In fact, PhotoEye has the advantage of offering a huge variety of books in all fields of photography, most of them I cannot find in France. Their site is a true pleasure for people loving photo-books, old or contemporary !

Now, back to Christina's book : I had just very little time to go through it : seems very clear, pragmatic facts covering plenty of our be-loved processes... Very eager to use it and compare with my other preferred ressources (Barnier's "coming into focus" and -obviously- Judy's wonderful series of Post Factory Journal issues).

Thanks Christina for our efforts to share your experiments

and to all alt-processes friends of the list , all my best cheers from france
Jean
Jean Daubas, auteur-photographe
16 rue de Bourg-Sec
25440 LIESLE (France)
+33 (0)3 81 57 50 13 et +33 (0)6 81 53 12 89
jean.daubas@wanadoo.fr

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>