U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: "magnachrome"

Re: "magnachrome"

Folks,
I went through the legal stuff without reading much, filled out the other form, got my password accepted and downloaded the--drum beat--
19+ megabyte file--not for the faint of heart or the dial-up modem.
What I got was a long series of pdf pages which I had to magnify to read. Slow going. I skimed down to Chris's work and read it with some care. It is an excellent summary for the non-initiate but holds no info for the practitioner. I did enjoy her excellently reproduced photos.
Magnachrome is not presented in a way that makes it attractive to me, though others might not be as put off.
Charles Portland Oregon