U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Silver Gelatin emulsion peeling from Cranes Diploma

Re: Silver Gelatin emulsion peeling from Cranes Diploma

You can mix a hardener like glutaraldehyde to the emulsion so
that the image layer is more robust during wet processing.

I prefer to size paper, even those with very smooth surface
like FAEW HP. Sizing improves image quality. It's also that
many paper stocks fog optimally sulfur sensitized
chlorobromide emulsions. (Bromide emulsions seem to be
completely unaffected, and suboptimally sensitized
chlorobromdie emulsions seem to be relatively unaffected by
this factor...)  But again I harden both sizing layer and the
emulsion layer and don't have any problem with adhesion or
swelling.
--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)