U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

RE: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

Loris,

Charles if that also doesn't work, don't overlook my suggestion of a levels
/ gamma adjustment channel before making separations (in luminosity mode ->
thanks Michael)...

I have to say, IMO that I regard this as a poor approach to solving the
problem. Better to get the curves correct (if one is using curves).

BTW, what dichromate concentration are you using? You may try to use less
dichromate if you use saturated solutions. That way, you may achieve paper
white with colorized negatives (despite their DR being lower compared to
grayscale / all-inks negatives).

You can achieve paper white with saturated dichromate using colorized
negatives.

Don