U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: a "fake" 3 color

Re: a "fake" 3 color

Katharine Thayer wrote:
This is very cool, I like this a lot. Did you use yellow ochre (I'm just guessing from the color in the border)?
Yes, because that's what I had :)

Clarification: when you say "it has washed away completely in the face" you mean only the cyan, or all the colors?
I was specifically talking about the cyan, because I never actually did a curve test for magenta, so who knows what happened there. The yellow was overexposed (at least according to my exposure test for lamp blk and thalo), so the face is completely yellow. Next on my list of things to do are tests for other colors.

It reads to me like you're saying that the negative was calibrated for pthalo, but when you printed pthalo, you didn't use the same exposure as in the calibration, was that what you meant?
Yes, that's what I meant.

Thanks for showing, this is great.
It's the first thing I've done that's actually made me think gum printing could be fun ;)
Laura