U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: problems affixing Masa to support

Re: problems affixing Masa to support

[...] the cause was always poor contact in the affixing stage. In that case, small air pockets remain under paper and when you hit with hot gelatine sizing, the air expands and then you get those marks when the paper is dry.
the same happens also with stronger papers and heavier coatings (i.e. Fabriano F5, which I use for my resinotypes).
I add this as Keith is also trying the coating for resinotype (but, as I have already written, it applies also for any other heavy coating -like for oilprint).
Alberto