U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson Ink carts

Re: Epson Ink carts

If other companies produced inks as good as the present Epson stuff, and those worked with the complicated printers, yes, that
guaranteed income Judy mentions, would diminish. These people out here use the left over ink from spent cartridges so it's the
genuine thing but does come from various ages. Theoretically the inks show their age whilst sitting in cartridges but pigmented
inks, as most o you know, lie in suspension and a good round or shaking is helpful to maintain consistency in particular if you
use one of the large printers like I do (24" - 40"). The caveat, I suppose, is the these 'mixed' inks might not be as supposedly
consistent as are the original manufactured product. To me the prime point is reduction of waste and use of the product to its
very end. Do we all squeeze that tube of toothpaste to the finite possibility?

As for the 'other' printers, yes, they surely have become better. Like Toyota overtaking GM they have emulated the best of their ilk.
Yet, what with the research, the new head and ink designs, and improved ICC profiles, the Epson products provide, IMO, extremely
consistent and long-lived output and result. I have recently run well over 1200 20x24 prints through my 7800 w/zero problems,
only one major head cleaning and perfect consistency . . . even after taking three months off for travel.

Jack