U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: VDB

Re: VDB

Sandy King escribió:
You are smart to work in a humidified environment. The difference in potential Dmax in VDB between working at RH of 35% and RH of 55% is significant, with much advantage to the higher RH. At 35% RH and single coating I am lucky to get a Dmax of 1.30, whereas at 55% Damx is usually 1.45 or higher.

In the winter I run a humidifier in the workroom whenever I plan to print with VDB, kallitype or pt./pd. It is the type that turns off and on to adjust to a certain RH, and I keep it set for 55% RH. Don't just turn it on and start printing when the room RH reaches 55%. You need also to make sure that the paper has had enough time to absorb moisture from the air to reach equilibrium at the same RH.

Sandy King