U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Application

Re: Gum Application

Jacek, I tried Photoflo once to dilute a very stiff coating mix, following the suggestion of someone on another forum, (actually what she used wasn't the usual photoflo but photoflo 600, which she said was the same thing as Daniel Smith acrylic flow releaser; I had some of the latter on hand so that's what I used) and found it rather unsatisfactory.

I would recommend humidifying the paper rather than adding liquid to the mix and diluting both the color and the dichromate. My troubleshooting page about this problem:

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/unevencoating.html

Regards, kt