U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Application

Re: Gum Application

On Nov 26, 2007, at 8:07 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/unevencoating.html

P.S. The example at the top of the above page shows an uneven coating before exposure and after printing and development. I've seen suggestions that it doesn't really matter if the coating is uneven, because the unevenness won't show in image areas. In a way that's true; it certainly shows less in the building than in the sky and water, but I myself would prefer to start with an even coating rather than relying on image detail to hide unevenness. And if it's brush streaks rather than unevenness of coating, the streaks will show in detailed areas as well.