U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Application

Re: Gum Application

On Nov 26, 2007, at 8:07 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

Jacek, I tried Photoflo once to dilute a very stiff coating mix, following the suggestion of someone on another forum, (actually what she used wasn't the usual photoflo but photoflo 600, which she said was the same thing as Daniel Smith acrylic flow releaser; I had some of the latter on hand so that's what I used) and found it rather unsatisfactory.
I should add that I didn't experiment with different amounts and different dilutions, and it may be that I used too much or that I didn't dilute it enough. But when I found that the black coating mix with the acrylic flow releaser added had left a permanent black stain on the dish it had been in, I said nah, I don't much like this stuff.
kt