U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Some recent publications about carbon transfer

Some recent publications about carbon transfer

Title: Some recent publications about carbon transfer

Thanks to all for the recent discussion of the  Fresson/Arvel direct carbon processes. I always find these discussions fascinating.
Perhaps it would not be inappropriate to mention that I have done a fair amount to promote carbon transfer printing this year. Not to be confused with Fresson/direct carbon, of course.

In any event, at the beginning of the year I published a long technical article in the on-line magazine Magncchrom. Volume I Issue 3, and in Volume 1 Issue 4  there is a gallery of some of my carbon work. You can download both issues at
http://www.magnachrom.com/Issues.php

Since then I have published three articles in the UK based fine art photography magazine Silvershotz. The first two have monochrome galleries, and the third has three of my three-color carbon prints made some years ago. If Judy Seigel has a chance to look at the latest issue, Volume 4, Edition 3, which is currently on the stands, she may recognize one of the color images as I think she has seen it before.

King, Sandy. "Carbon Transfer Printing, Part 1 of 3," Silvershotz, Volume 4, Edition 1, 34-39.

King, Sandy. "Carbon Transfer Printing, Part 2 of 3,"  Silvershotz , Volume 4, Edition 2, 30-36.

King, Sandy. "Carbon Transfer Printing, Part 3 of 3," Silvershotz, Volume 4, Edition 3, 20-26.

A fourth article I wrote on color carbon will contain images by a number of contemporary color carbon masters. Included is work by Tod Gangler, John Bentley, Hans & Chia, Gerard Aniere (printing for another photographer). This number is forthcoming.

King, Sandy. "Color Carbon Printing," Silvershotz, Volume 4, Edition 4.

The article in Magnachrom, Volume 1, Issue 3, will soon be at Ed Buffaloe's site, www.unblinkingeye.com, together with a new gallery that will include some of the carbon images published in Silvershotz, some that were in the Magnachrom gallery, and some new ones.

All the best,

Sandy King