From: John Grocott <john.grocott403@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:03:39 +0000
To: The List <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Subject: Eight Days To  Become A Master

Loris,
           The images you have kindly put on w/s, at my request, are very
impressive, indeed, even the ones which you might  consider as
failures..........and all this with a process which you have only recently
become acquainted.

It was only eight days ago that you wrote the following in response to
Marek's brief outline of his work with Javel Water.
Such a short time to achieve so many tests with the Bleach / Gum technique !
!

The images of the attractive lady look exactly as if they are the same image
and not different images produced as gum prints.  I noticed this by studying
the small but definate blemishes which are obvious even on the monitor.

You have surely achieved mastery since you are able to reproduce different
gum prints with this amount of accuracy,
 i.e.  each one with with this amount of faithfulness to the negative.

But please could you explain why you attempted to polyurethane coat test
number three and spoil it ?

After several years of working with a direct carbon technique I must admit
my results have not come near to what you are now doing.

I am looking forward to seeing the other two failure stages, flaking etc.,
when time permits.

Very many thanks for your startling response to my irritating questions.
Regards
John - Photographist - London - UK

Tuesday 27 November Loris wrote

''This is very interesting Marek. Thanks for sharing!

I would like to try this tomorrow but, what exactly you mean by ³Chlorox²?
Is it a specific trademarked product or just a short name for ordinary
household bleach? (Such as using ³Kleenex ³for paper towels ­ in Turkish, we
use ³Selpak² for the same instead of longer ³kagit mendil²...)

Thanks in advance,
Loris.''