U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re. Bleach and Direct Carbon

Re. Bleach and Direct Carbon

Loris and All,
                     The format of  ''Hippy Tower'' is 11 X 14 cm from a digital neg on transparency.

Loris wrote, ''Can you please clearly outline your process? (If you like to.)''

Loris,
          I would dearly like to answer your very comprehensive question about my process which was arrived at by several years of research, both from reading obscured published and unpublished texts , plus many, many hours of practical work. The practical side of it all has been the most revealing,to me.

           So you would like me to give you, and the World, all the salient details of my process on this List ?

  I  believe that yourself and thousands of others are anything but  ''dummies.''

              Without getting into my cryptic British mode of writing I may say that I have supplied, on several ocassions, enough detail to enable others to pursue a similar path of research to my own. I have often said I would be willing to assist if there were any questions.

There did not seem to be very much response to this suggestion that a good deal of effort would need to be applied to arrive at good results with Direct Carbon research.

A cryptic British suggestion ; why dont you ask Mike Ware about Direct Carbon ?

            Would you think that as a result of all that work I might envisage, at least, a little financial return for my efforts without appearing unduly selfish ?

              If and when I decide to seriously commercialize my process, you will know about it, as there is no one making and selling a Direct Carbon paper, at present.

Watch This Space ! !

More later.

''There is no Royal road to success.''

Glad you think '' Hippy Tower''  is a  ''nice'' print .   Thanks.

Sincerely and with good humour.

John - Photographist - London - UK