U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Dave Soemarko's LC-1B

Re: Dave Soemarko's LC-1B

Hi Dave,

Question.

If one wanted to use this developer for a wide range of subject brightness range conditions, would it be best to,

1. Use the same dilution, say 1:10, and adjust contrast by time of development,

or

2. Always develop for the same time and adjust contrast by adjusting the working strength.

I did my first tests with Method 1, but am prepared to experiment further if you think Method 2 might give better results.

Best,

Sandy